Paid Park Internship
POSITION: Internship – Program Assistant (2 positions available)
START & END DATE: March 2020 – June 2020
PAY RATE: $750 stipend (approximately $15.00/hour. 50 hours)
LOCATION: Various Parks
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 28th
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Program Assistant(s) park management, environmental studies student(s) will provide the Executive Director/Interpreter with support while delivering educational programming within Santa Clara County including: 1) interpretation/environmental education I/EE.
o While working in the I/EE section, the intern will assist the Executive Director/interpreter in preparation of a wide variety of interpretive programs, getting equipment together, assisting participants and presenting programs.
o Assist with various office work.
o Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Recreation.
• Must be a current student at San Jose Sate University Environmental Studies or West Valley College Park Management Program
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to work weekends, or evenings.
• Must be able to complete physically strenuous outdoor activities in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly during the course of a single workday
• Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
• Must be self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
• Training will be given for all areas
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position will perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
HOW TO APPLY:
For questions or information, please
contact: Richard Tejeda
Saved By Nature
E-mail application to:
SBN is committed to fairness and equality of opportunity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.