Hike for Health - Seniors
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for a fun morning at Ulistac Natural Area!
An inner-city bird haven surrounded by housing development; this biome is flanked by the ancient Guadalupe River. With close-proximity to water, many bird species call Ulistac home, migrate here, or stop along their migration route. In fact, 179 species of birds have been spotted. We’ll talk about the efforts going on, and how some bird species have returned after years of hard work by Ulistac staff and Volunteers. What a beautiful specimen of restoration ecology!
This is an easy stop and go walk for about 1-2 miles on a flat surface. Hope to see you there! Bring spotting scope or binoculars, water, hat and/or sunscreen. We’ll have some extra binoculars and sunscreen available just in case.
Meet at the first entrance located at the south end of the park.
The benefits of hiking shows that seniors who hike regularly experience:
• Improved circulation
• Improved cardiovascular health
• Reduced arthritis, joint and knee pain
• A boost in bone density which can improve bone health and reduce the risk of osteoporosis
• Lower levels of depression and feelings of isolation
• Improved muscle strength when hiking up hill
- Hike for Health$0$00$0